Two Novembers

Ramblings, vents, comments and other useless information which can only be told to people who have been fingerprinted.

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Birthdays and Hospital Visits

Hey ya'll...

I guess it has been quite a while since I have posted, eh? Well... a lot has happened since then!

First, I celebrated my 22nd birthday on August 10th. I feel so old! Well, maybe not "old" per say, but definately "matured"... but, not in the sense that one would normally used the word matured! I told my mom to center my birthday around a JAG related theme (duh), and she did a wonderful job! Just to give you an example, my birthday cake read "I hope you always stay out of HARM's way!" Isn't that creative?

Also, the 'rents got a new stove and a new mattress. I slept through the whole ordeal, however, because the night before I stayed up all night at our local Relay for Life. The high schoolers managed to stay all day on Saturday, but I had to go home in the am and go to sleep. Ahh... the days when I could pull all nighters just for the heck of it! Relay for Life really is a good cause, though. I have been told that our county is about third in the nation for raising money and community turn-out. Isn't that awesome!?! I did it with my church this year; we just had so much fun hanging out!

I found my soul-mate. Now, let me explain, before you all start flipping out and calling congress. For graduation I was supposed to get a camera. Well, it has been three months and 6 days since graduation and, you guessed it, still no camera. The other day I went into Image Gallery (a store in our town that half of my church members own/work at) and I found my camera. My friend, Brad, tipped me off to it being there. When I went in I wasn't that excited... and then I saw it (drum roll please)--I completely fell IN LOVE! Yet... still no camera... hmm...

To top off all of the excitement of the past few weeks--I went to the hospital last night. I thought I was dying. But, I remember thinking 'No, if I was dying my life would have flashed before my eyes. Hey, Nonny Nonny.' Okay, maybe I didn't think the 'Hey, Nonny Nonny' part, but I did think the other stuff. What was actually happening, occured due to an old shoulder injury. My shoulder had been hurting more than it usually does the past few days and, for some reason, it started spasming uncontrollably. It was really scary! Of course, I started hyperventillating, so that didn't help at all. But the paramedics and the rescue squad were totally awesome with everything!!! They were the best! If I was the President of the US of A, I would offer to give them purple hearts. I am not sure if you can give paramedics purple hearts... maybe I would give them orange hearts.

Well, that just about covers it. Hope you all have a GRRRRRREAAAAAAAAT (as my good friend, Tony, would say) weekend!

P.S. Don't forget to go to church in the morning!