Two Novembers

Ramblings, vents, comments and other useless information which can only be told to people who have been fingerprinted.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

1:00 am is not a good time to buy slurpies

So, my roommate realized at appx. 12:35 am that she had forgotten her medicine for her epilepsy. So, being the faithful friend that I am, I asked her what we could do to solve this situation--suggesting that she call the pharmacy and her doctor. Since we were going to have to go to a Walgreen's to pick up her medicine at said 12:35 am, I suggested that we make it fun.

Grabbing another roommate's motorcycle helmet, I entered WG with the helmet/my PJs in pursuit of her medicine (I am sure the lovely WG people were quite concerned and they probably would have offered some kind of medicine to me had it not been highly illegal). After about a ten minute wait and a conversation with the store clerk about the benefit of playing an Irish jig on the radio due to today really being St. Patrick's Day and him telling me I should bring back my violin so I could play for them, we were out the door.

On the way back, I said that we needed to stop so I could get a slurpy at Open Pantry. FYI: 1:00 am is NOT the best time to get a slurpy. While their coffee (French Roast and free trade!) is still top notch in my book (or, rather, my future book...), slurpies at 1:00 am just aren't cutting it--Frederick Taylor should have moderated their slurpy production for the benefit of all! Of course, I think he was more involved with assembly lines... hmm...

The most fun part of the evening was when we came back and realized that our door was locked. So, being the resourceful person that I am, I asked my roomie for a card that she rarely used and proceeded to break into our apartment.

Now, I am going to bed where I will dream about all of the books that I am going to read :)

Labels: , , ,