Two Novembers

Ramblings, vents, comments and other useless information which can only be told to people who have been fingerprinted.

Friday, March 23, 2007

I Need a Church

I have decided that the world should have "church services" and by that, I don't mean the actual sermon, I mean it as a simile to dating services. Although, maybe it could have a different name because what I have now is kind of cheesy.

Since coming to WI, I have found one church that I absolutely love (Redeemer Evangelical Free)--not works based, solid theologically, decent worship, great people. The problem being that since I moved, it is about 40 minutes away, and since I am interested in working in ministry again, I figured I should get involved in something on the East Side.

Being me, I refuse to settle--I think I have been to every church in Shorewood... and more! I am debating beginning a career in church reviews. I know that part of the problem is that I am too picky: Flashback to Christian Foundations II aka NT when Chuck told me, "Catholics are people, too, Sarah... want to come to my church?" or when he told us that there were arguments for the apostle Paul being gay and I responded, in the middle of class, that he was completely crazy and had absolutely no basis for his argument, to which he cut me off by saying--"Ah, my good little Baptist girl." (And, no, I am not going to flashback to Christian Theology and all the tears I cried in that class--thankfully both Chuck and Jeremy were PATIENT). Obviously, I have grown a lot since then both in my own faith, but also in grace that I am able to extend to others and what they believe (I still get headaches sometimes when I am struggling, but I am learning).

Rambling aside... I have no idea where to go. I am debating trying Milwaukee Bible Church next Sunday. And I would love to go to Ebenezer Evangelical Free (notice the absence of a website which is part of the problem--I don't know what time their services start!). And then there are the multitude of Catholic churches. And Lutheran. And Presbyterian. And... and... and... And, yes, I tried the Baptist church--it's too "Baptist!" Which I can say, because I was there... and now I am not (thank God!) But, I am still... Bible? Ev Free? Haven't completely decided that yet, but we're working on it ;).

Okay--all that to say, I am taking suggestions.

Feel free to offer.

Later, Sarah JOY!!!

Labels: