Two Novembers

Ramblings, vents, comments and other useless information which can only be told to people who have been fingerprinted.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Q: "Do you know why I pulled you over tonight?"

A: "Probably because I was speeding."

Yes, that is correct, folks. Tonight I got pulled over for going 50 in a 35. As I was sitting in my parents van waiting for the policeman to do whatever policemen do with your license, registration, and proof of insurance, I had a little conversation with God.

The conversation went something like this:

Me: "Please, please, PLEASE don't let me get a speeding ticket."

God:

Me: "You know... if I get a speeding ticket I won't have enough money to pay for my teaching certificate."

God:

Me: "So... you could give me a speeding ticket and then I wouldn't HAVE to get my teaching certificate."

God:

Officer: "Here is your license and information."

Me: "You're not giving me a ticket?" (I think at this point I sounded like I was about to wet my pants).

Very Nice Officer: "No tickets. Drive Safely."

Me: "Uh huh" (At this point I did wet my pants)

God:

Me: "So... I suppose that means that I have to get my teaching certificate, eh?"

God:

Yup, it was most definately a meaningful conversation. But, I really would like to thank the lovely policeman who chose to not give me a ticket! It really made me think about grace. The next time I give one of my students a demerit I will most definately remember tonight. And, perhaps, for one day I will be known as the Demerit Princess instead of the Demerit Queen.

P.S. "Little spooksters running around mumbling into their sneaker phones..." Did you really think I would leave you with nothing about JAG?

P.P.S. I am going to take a moment for word-of-mouth publicity: http://www.dogearpublishing.net. You guys crack me up like a broken femur in my left aorta ventricle!!!

P.P.P.S. Dan Brown and I have a date now.

The end!