Two Novembers

Ramblings, vents, comments and other useless information which can only be told to people who have been fingerprinted.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Somewhere in California and Hitchcock's Rebecca

Today I predict that my letter is somewhere in California. I am guessing that it will actually reach JAG HQ (Headquarters, for those initially impaired) by Monday. After Monday it will probably sit with thousands of other letters to be sorted through and it won't even be considered (except by me and those anxious few who read my blog... okay, really just by me) until the end of March.

Enough with those depressing thoughts.

I am so excited! I splurged and bought Alfred Hitchcock's Rebecca (Yes, I know I am supposed to italicize, but, alas, my old school computer doesn't have that option). Anyway, Rebecca is actually a book that Coates references in last night's episode, specifically in regards to Manderley, the place that Webb ran off to. I normally don't act on impulse like that, but I figured that I needed to. My movie collection is very poor anyway, and I need to upgrade. I'll let you all know when I get it and review it here after I watch it.

I learned how to ski on Wednesday. Our school entered a program that consists of taking our kids to Burke Mountain to learn how to ski. As a chaperone, I was allowed to go for free. It was a thrilling experience, especially considering that I had never gone before--I absolutely loved it! I made it to J-bar level last week. I am hoping that by the end of our five weeks I will have gone on the ski lift at least once.

Otherwise, nothing noteworthy is happening in Vermont. Just pray for my letter!

That said, "Good Morning Vietnam!!!" Oh... I mean, have a great day everyone!

Your's Truly, Sarah