Two Novembers

Ramblings, vents, comments and other useless information which can only be told to people who have been fingerprinted.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

I am not a Jew. I don't like pork.

So today I had a conversation with my roommate. It went like this:

Me: "Is that pork?"

Unidentified Student #1: "Yes. It taste's like crap."

Me: "I agree. It taste's like crap. Don't get me wrong, I like it. But it taste's like crap. You know... 'piggy'."

US1: "Yeah."

Roommate who is obsessed with being right ALL THE TIME: "You just ate ham the other day. How is ham any different from pork?"

Me: Silence... Because there is no way I am going to win this argument even if I try.

Roommate: "Sarah? You just ate ham the other day. How is ham any different from pork?"

Me: See above.

Roommate: Proceeds to continune on tirade about how ham is not pork but pork is ham or vice versa.

Me: Not even pretending to care about the existential qualities of ham or pork or spam (or should I say "spic and spam?"). I just used four punctuation marks in one place. I didn't know that was grammatically possible!

I think that my future boss, Don, should use this in his next episode of NCIS. It was thrilling.

So does anyone else understand the idea that ham tastes different than pork? Or is that just me? Comments? Questions? Need to contact the NRA?