Two Novembers

Ramblings, vents, comments and other useless information which can only be told to people who have been fingerprinted.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Leviticus... is a very boring book

Since JAG is coming to a very sad (though probably much needed) demise, I decided that I need to reprioritize my life. Okay, actually, JAG ending has nothing to do with the decision that I made a few weeks ago. What was this decision, you may be asking? I decided to read through the whole Bible... a very daunting task, to say the least.

I have read through the New Testament in my CF2 class at CU, but now I am learning about the Old Testament. It's wierd, because even though I know that God is the same "yesterday, today, and forever," I feel as if He was somehow more detached in OT times. It's really wierd.

For example, Moses was just walking around, chilling in the desert when God said "Boom! This is the way it's going to be." Now, does this mean that I need to be living my life and then one day God will say, "Boom! This is the way it's going to be?" Or... do I trust in the God, Jesus, of the New Testament when He has a personal relationship with people? I know a new covenant has been made, but it is really difficult for me to trust that Jesus is my friend when I am learning about the God of the OT. Am I really that shaky in my faith?

Hmm...

I think I need to go to sleep! And sadly, I still have to prepare for English Lit. tomorrow--junk!