Two Novembers

Ramblings, vents, comments and other useless information which can only be told to people who have been fingerprinted.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Friends in Africa

Hey all out there in CyberLand Blogging World :)

In honor of my friends, Reagen (as in Shakespeare) and Rebecca (as in the Bible) being currently in Africa, I have updated my links section to include: SOIS Travel Adventures. Please feel free to check it out, though as of my last check, nothing new has been added. You can also check out Reagen's Africa Trip for more information. I am excited to hear from both of them how things are going!

In the world of writing, I went to church yesterday (where I am determined to crank out my first novel--some people write in libraries, I write in churches) and got some wicked great material. Although, in this case I don't mean plot. Rather, I think I am working on character development. And by character development, I mean mine. To exegete (because who doesn't like that?), I was reminded that my whole life IS oriented around the resurrection. So, I have the freedom to create, redeem, and live restoratively. More importantly, I have the power in JC to do so! How wicked cool is that? Whew!

And then in the more material world of writing, a roommate conversation:

Me at 1:30 am being awoken suddenly from a dead sleep and seeing pitch black except for my roomie who was dressed in all white: "Ahhhhhhhhhh!!"

Very patient roommate: "Hey, shh. You okay?"

Me still confused: "Yeah, I thought you were an angel" (Because, of course, only I would go there with that... duh, Sarah, duh).

...

Me noticing all of her bags and luggage: "Apparently, my angel has baggage... I have to remember to write that down for a story..."

Sleep.